Thursday, April 17, 2008

Team Fortress 2 – or, Never Has There Been a More Beautiful Tale of Server Names and Man Tears

http://www.rushclan.co.uk/

Yesterday, while looking for a good Team Fortress 2 server running Badlands, I came across the best name for a server that I have ever seen. Composed by a man or woman with immense talent and judicious skill whose name I may never know and comprised of four simple words, it aptly sums up the multiplayer FPS experience so simply – so beautifully – that I am both moved and humbled by it.

This is its name:

“Run Until Shit Happens.”

Goddamn, that is beautiful. Right now, I am wiping a single man tear* off my well-chiseled cheekbone.


* A man tear is a single teardrop that runs down a man’s otherwise stoic face after a momentous emotional experience, usually a terrible tragedy. It can be found in dozens of movies, and is used over fifty times in Peter Jackson’s film adaptation of the Lord of the Rings alone. It proves that the man is sensitive enough – brave enough, even – to cry a lone tear, while communicating, without any doubt, to anyone looking that he is not a pussy.

No comments: