Thursday, June 5, 2008

You Don't Mess with the Zohan (a quick rant)

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm933992192/nm0001806

Adam Sandler comedies really piss me off.

It isn't the lame dick and fart jokes. It isn't the corny, saccharine sentiment that's been a part of all his comedies since The Wedding Singer (which I liked - Billy Fucking Idol, man). It isn't even all the latent bigotry and the perpetuation of stereotypes, either. It's the fact that Sandler keeps putting John Turturro, one of the best comic actors alive today, who can turn even the weakest joke into comic gold with his delivery, in his films.

Why does this piss me off? Because it means I have to watch these goddamn films, just to see the Turturro bits. And it looks like he's in You Don't Mess with the Zohan, which means now I have to watch a movie that I was previously completely uninterested in seeing...when it comes out on DVD, of course - I ain't paying for that shit, man.

No comments: