Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams (First Trailer)

http://n4g.com/News-216485.aspx

There's a part of me - a very small part - that wants to decry the very idea of making a sequel to Bioshock, one of the most complete, thrilling, and involving games ever made. That little part of me thinks that making Bioshock 2: Sea of Dreams is as much of a travesty as Hollywood making Citizen Kane 2: The Revenge (the tagline: There is a man, a certain man...and he wants revenge.).

But screw that little voice - I want more Bioshock. The world of Rapture is deep enough, compelling enough, to tell another story. The video linked above, blurry as it was, sent a shiver up and down my spine.

I don't know if 2K can make a sequel that lives up to the original Bioshock, but I'm more than willing to find out.

No comments: