Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Left 4 Dead (Demo Downloading)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/5141/

The moment of truth will soon be at hand. The Left 4 Dead demo is pre-loading, and tomorrow morning I will know if I actually have enough computer to run this game. I should have waited the extra week to try the demo for free, to see how the game runs on my two-year old PC, but those Valve bastards suckered me into pre-ordering the game to get a hold of the demo a week earlier.

What can I say? I'm weak.

Team Fortress 2 runs pretty well for me, with a combination of high, medium, and low settings - while still looking pretty damn good - but Left 4 Dead's required systems specs are right about equal with TF2's recommend specs. That's a pretty big jump in just a single year, especially for a company like Valve, who have always tried to keep the system requirements to their games reasonable.

Depending on how the game runs on my PC and how many of my Xbox friends acquire it, I may double-dip and get it for both systems.

I just hope I don't have to.

No comments: