Thursday, January 8, 2009

Aliens: Colonial Marines (Q1 Release)

http://www.videogamer.com/news/07-01-2009-10297.html

I usually don't buy into rumors, but the fact that SEGA hasn't been hyping the shit out of Colonial Marines for the last few months made me question whether this game would ever be released.

For me, Aliens is on a very short list of movies - the "desert island" list, if you will - that truly shaped what I want out of a story, in any medium. It's one of the stories I fell in love with as kid that made me want to tell stories of my own. Really hoping this one doesn't suck, or that SEGA isn't rushing this one out, which would explain it's lack of press and the first quarter release.

Both the AvP games for the PC rocked, so it's a proven fact that a game featuring everyone's favorite xenomorphs can be done. Gearbox's experience with the Half-Life 1 expansions and their Brothers in Arms titles makes them the perfect developer for an Aliens game, in my humble - and obviously right - opinion.

Oh well, looks like we won't have to wait too long to find out.

No comments: