Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dawn of War 2 (System Specs Announcement)

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=94594

Phew. Looks like I'm just squeaking in on this one.

To my complete surprise, a good chunk of the games I'm looking forward to this year are on the PC - Starcraft II, Dragon Age, and Dawn of War II. I thought I'd either buy or build a new PC this year, but it's just not in the budget at this time. I did use my birthday last month (turned 30 - not that big a deal, yet more of a trip than I thought it'd be) as an excuse to make a Fry's run.

Ah, Fry's... If there's an afterlife, I want it to be like Fry's...with, of course, the minor additions of beer and boobs, to make it truly like heaven.

I dropped about two hundred on new parts for my current computer. I added two gigs of RAM, bringing the total up to three gigs. Also bought a new DVD-ROM drive since the old one is crapping out and replaced my GeForce 7300 with a one gig 9500.

It's made a incalculable difference to Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2 - and Fallout 3 is actually now playable on my computer. I forgot how much I enjoy gaming on the PC, where I cut my proverbial teeth as a gamer, save for the original NES. This is the first time in years that I've been able to run a current game without sacrificing a lot of graphic fidelity to get a decent framerate. Here's hoping she's got enough junk in the trunk to get me through this year and its big releases. 'Cause I plan on getting me a shitload of space marine lovin' in 2009.

No comments: