Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (Retrospective)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_trek_iv

"...no dying, no fighting, no shooting, no photon torpedoes, no phaser blasts, no stereotypical bad guy. I wanted people to really have a great time watching this film [and] if somewhere in the mix we lobbed a couple of big ideas at them, well, then that would be even better." - Leonard Nimoy

To be honest, I've been dreading the retrospective for this film. Going into this project, I knew what I wanted to say about every film...except this one. It's such a strange, unique, and carefree story - and despite its environmental message, it's a movie that should simply be enjoyed. Some movies shouldn't be analyzed too much - and Star Trek IV is one of them.

I only have a few slight criticisms with the final story - all of which are in the final act - but I'll leave them to myself. I don't want to influence your opinion of this film. If you want to post a comment on your thoughts, I'll read it and respond. Other than that, I'm out.

Next retrospective in a few days. Star Trek V is going to be a toughie - since I plan on defending that film.

Yeah, you read that right.

No comments: