Thursday, July 30, 2009

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2 - There is Only War (Release Day)

http://community.dawnofwar2.com/blogs/?p=761

Downloading the update as I type, and it's slow going on Steam - thanks, I imagine, to all the traffic. I participated in the Beta of this mutiplayer update, and despite some bugs, I found it to be a solid improvement on what was already my favorite RTS since the first Dawn of War. I didn't think Relic could make this game more addicting, but they did. And that's eight new multiplayer maps released for free to all owners of the game. Kudos to Relic for excellent customer support.

I'll hold off my detailed opinions until I play the final product for a few days, which looks to have been tweaked quite a bit since the Beta release earlier this month. Looks like my download is ready, so I'm out.

Oh, one last thing - the game is on sale for 50% off right now on Steam. So if you don't have it - and have the rig to run it - now's the perfect time to get it.

No comments: