Saturday, November 14, 2009

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Random Thoughts -- Part 1)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6239394.html

* Loved Gamestop's "we can be douchebags because someone else was a douchebag first" rational for breaking Modern Warfare 2's street date. Way to turd that one up, guys. Reminded me why I don't like to give you my business.

* I've waited to post about MW2 for a few days, to give people time to complete the still far too short single-player campaign. Thanks to the nifty stat tracker, I know my first time through on normal clocked in at five hours and twelve minutes.

And, trust me, I died. A lot.

Anyway, complaint number one: casting Lance Henriksen as General Shepard. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy -- great actor -- but you simply can't trust the guy -- unless he's android, and even then that trust is hard earned. Also, the name Shepard was a bit of a tip off, since he's proves to be anything but.

I ignored all press about this game, so I didn't know he was in it (or Keith David for that matter, which is awesome). But the second I heard his voice in the first cutscene, I said to myself, "Bad guy."

* Shit, already at 200 words. Back tomorrow.

No comments: