Thursday, November 19, 2009

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Random Thoughts - Part VI)

* Let's close this bastard out. I'm ready to talk about something else.

* Seriously, I know this is as easy as getting pee out of a pool, but can you guys -- and you know who you are -- please drop the obnoxious dick pose while playing this game? How does that, in any way, increase your enjoyment?

Look, I get it if you're twelve. I don't like it, but I get it. But I'm not talking about kids, which I have not encountered with the same regularity as the last two CoD games (this will, said to say, probably change after Christmas). I'm talking about adults.

Adults who should know better -- especially rednecks, which this game has a unusually high proportion of for an online game, since an Xbox requires both electricity and opposable thumbs. In the interest of not fighting fire with fire, I have resisted the urge to ask some of the more offensive rednecks this: "You make out with your sister with that mouth?"

After a week of playing this game, my hope that karma truly exists has steadily grown, and that karmic justice applies even to assholes who believe that the word "motherfucker" can be used as a noun, a verb, and an adjective in the same sentence. The only way I have not heard it used in the last week is as an adverb (example: Man, I motherfuckingly shot that motherfucker in his motherfuckin' junk!"). I don't know what sort of karmic punishment these people deserve, but if reincarnation is involved, I hope it involves super-strict nuns at Catholic Schools who wield those bigass wooden rulers with an iron fist.

On the other hand, I do have a particular karmic punishment for people who gay bash: Ass-rape...lots and lots of ass-rape.

* Dammit, still a little more to say on MW2. Back tomorrow.

No comments: