Sunday, January 16, 2011

Save Vs. Deities

I am an agnostic. Friends of mine have called this particular philosophical notion "atheism for pussies" -- but I say screw 'em. My almost complete lack of belief in anything is unshakable.

Here's the way I see it: I don't have the answers to anything cosmological or divine. None of us do. So don't worry about it and don't be a dick. Enough said.

Still, yesterday's events have left me shaken and confused, leading me to doubt my doubts. Myself and several others were quite possibly touched last night by the unseen hand of some otherworldly power. Of course, I expect you to be skeptical -- you weren't there to witness last night's earth-shattering events unfold. But belief has finally come to me in the most terrible of ways.

If you were there last night, sitting at our game table, you too would believe that the Dice Gods are real. And if they do exist, they are cruel, unsympathetic beings who maliciously play their own twisted games with our games for their amusement. As the game group discovered last night, ware you cross them.

Ware...

No comments: