Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Wickett's Geek Emporium: The Returnening

At this moment, at a crossroads in my life, I remember what my mother said to me as a child. "Son," she said, "when God closes a door, He opens a window. That's how the murder clowns get into your room at night."

So, yes, a chapter of my life has closed. Four years ago, I accepted a promotion with my company that ensured long hours, an unpredictable, dreary schedule, and enough physical and mental exhaustion to challenge someone without my health conditions. During the last few years, I never found the time or the energy to write like I used to.

Also, this thing with the toothbrush happened...
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11018028_10204147432834163_5471063529581283920_n.jpg?oh=f23c82d1078293b75aeb2eb512006cb5&oe=55C3503E

Whether either of these things is enough of an excuse to let this site fall by the wayside, I don't know. But I've missed doing this, and I'm ready to get back to it. As of today, I started a new job with my company that's far less demanding, with a set schedule that will give me time for my family, hobbies, and writing.

There's no better time than the present to start updating this site again regularly. So, welcome back - or welcome for the first time - to this little curiosity of a blog: a few hundred words off the cuff each weekday about one nerd's passions - movies, TV, comics, games. Expect updates late in the evening each weeknight.

Thanks for reading. Talk to you tomorrow... about something. I don't what. We'll find out when we get there.

And don't think for a second that shutting your bedroom windows will keep the murder clowns out. That just puts them in a murderin' mood.

END OF LINE.

No comments: