Friday, February 29, 2008

Weekend Plans of the Nerd Kind (Feb. 29th – March 2nd)

MOVIES: Some good finds this week: I’ve got Ratatouille, Eastern Promises, and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance lined up for the weekend, none of which I’ve seen.

GAMES: Gamefly and Half-Price have been too good to me this month, with Forza 2, G.R.A.W. 2, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, and Beautiful Katamari sitting on the top of my TV console, all vying – pleading – for my affections...and I still haven’t completed my second pass through Bioshock. I need to quit slacking, because Vegas 2 isn’t far off and will dominate my gaming time until GTA IV's release.

BOOKS: It’s taking me a long time to get through Peter Viertel’s White Hunter, Black Heat, because the film adaptation (one of Clint Eastwood’s best films) was exceedingly faithful to the novel, so there’s very little new story to find in Viertel's excellent novel. I try to read fifty pages of print a day, because the more I read, the more I write. White Hunter is slowing me down. Richard Matheson’s Hell House is lined up next, and I’m trying to resist the temptation of picking it up before finishing White Hunter.

No comments: