Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War – Soulstorm (Part II)

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/943419.asp

I’ve been so busy writing lately that I was unaware that Dawn of War’s latest expansion pack, Soulstorm, had even come out (the same goes for Professor Layton and the Curious Village, God of War: Chains of Olympus, and Army of Two). So I logged onto Steam, credit card in hand, with the intent of purchasing it. Then I looked at the price tag: $39.98.

$39.98. For an expansion pack? Really, Relic? Really?

True, it's an expansion pack containing two whole new factions, bringing the total up to an astounding nine, and providing enough new material to keep one busy for quite some time, but that’s just getting greedy – especially since Valve is charging only ten bucks more for The Orange Box.

I’ve decided to hold off on it for now, wait till a price drop. I’m curious to play the two new races, but neither appeal to me that much – and I tend to stick with my Space Marines, anyway.

And I haven’t even finished Dark Crusade, the previous expansion pack. It’s not that it failed to hold my interest – I just don’t like gaming on the PC anymore. The smallest technical annoyance drives me straight to the nearest game console, and that sexy 360 is only a room away.

No comments: