Sunday, March 9, 2008

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War – Soulstorm (Part I)

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=package&SubId=447&cc=US

After spending the last four days talking about D&D, which is about as geek as it gets, let’s talk about something cool, something us skinny white nerds wouldn’t feel ashamed talking about in front of da’ ladies.

I am talking, of course, about Warhammer 40K.

Well, not the 40K miniatures game published by Games Workshop. There are levels of geek which even I dare not descend into. Certainly people have returned from that dark abyss – but not with their eternal souls intact.

Actually, I’m lying. If I had the rulebook and the minis in front of me, I’d give the dice a roll, but I’m certainly not dropping $300-$400 for it. I don’t have the money, the time, the artistic talent, the patience, or the friends network to properly enjoy 40K.

And I’ve had sex…with another person – which I’m sure somehow excludes me from every 40K fraternity around the globe.

Which is why I stick to Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War on the PC, an RTS second only to Starcraft for sheer ass-kickingness.

Shit. I’m at 200 words. How the hell did that happen? Wrap it up tomorrow.

Sorry, folks.

No comments: