Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (A Preemptive Apology)

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/944073.asp

Barring any fiascos with Gamestop today, I’ll be coming home with a copy of Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 in my shaky, clammy little nerd hands. I don’t necessarily expect problems with my pre-order, but this is the first time I’ve ever pre-ordered a game, and our local Gamestop can be quite insidious with their incompetence.

Anyway, before I pick up the game, I want to get something out of the way. Partly to the random strangers I’ll play with on Live, mostly to the people on my friends list. I have been playing almost nothing but Team Fortress 2 and Call of Duty 4 for the last few months on the 360, and I'm used to their control schemes. If, like the previous installment of Vegas, “throw grenade” is bound to the B button (the very last button I’d bind it to), and if friendly fire is on, then there is a very high likelihood that hilarity – and terrible, bloody carnage – will ensue from accidental, wayward grenade tosses on my part, due to pushing the B button with the intent to reload or crouch.

So, I’m sorry in advance that I blew you up. The controls will soon be old hat. Promise.

Until then, I’d stand behind me.

No comments: