Tuesday, April 29, 2008

God of War: Chains of Olympus (Part III)

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/godofwar/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review

so – and I’m being generous here – adding my repeated deaths during the final boss fight and some of the harder battles in the game, I’d say it took six hours to complete. Unless they ran out of disc space on the UMD, there’s no excuse for releasing a game this short. While the game is comprised of entirely new content, almost all of it is a riff on the pre-existing puzzles, weapons, and monsters found in the previous games, though – and I can’t explain why – the Gauntlet of Zeus is somehow entirely more rockin’ than its exact counter-part, the Blades of Artemis.

I loved every minute of it, but I’m certainly glad Chains of Olympus was only a rental, because I can’t honestly recommend it with its current $39.99 price tag. But rent it and enjoy the hell out of it. It is a God of War game, after all.

No comments: