Sunday, April 20, 2008

Team Fortress 2 (Meet the Scout and Getting the 360 Controller to Work on the PC)

http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=5032

Funnier than Meet the Heavy, but not as funny as the other three already out.

I imagine the Scout was the hardest short to make, because he has the least comedic potential of the nine classes, but Valve made up for this fact with some incredible animation and a lot of attitude. The Scout’s opening charge on Well’s center point actually had me on the edge of my seat.

Can’t wait for the Spy’s short.

http://www.teamfortress2fort.com/forums/t/XBox360Controller-5412.aspx

I’ve been trying to get a 360 controller to work on the PC version of TF2 for awhile now, but as much as I messed around in the keyboard and mouse tabs, which both contain joystick settings (why it doesn’t have its own tab is beyond me), I couldn’t get it to work.

Being the neo-luddite I am, I somehow forgot you could simply type “getting 360 controller to work on PC Team Fortress 2” into Google. Don’t ask, but I don’t have cable, refuse to own a cell phone, and am somehow oblivious to the fact that search engines exist. All you have to do is type in that command once, fiddle with the horizontal and vertical sensitivities, and you’re good to go.

After only a few rounds

No comments: