Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (pre-viewing thoughts)

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080518/REVIEWS/969461084

All right, let’s see if I can get back in the swing of things.

I haven’t been updating like I should. In my defense, I’ve got some new meds that took some getting used to and I’ve been sick for last two weeks (started with allergies, grew worse from there). It’s nothing serious, merely a large inconvenience. Anyway, let’s get back to ranting.

Got tickets to the midnight show of Crystal Skull at my local multiplex and I can’t wait. I haven’t been this excited to see a movie since 2005, when Revenge of the Sith and Serenity came out. My early prediction: it won’t be as good as Raiders or Last Crusade, but it will be better than Temple of Doom by several orders of magnitude. The last few years have been replete with “back in the saddle” sequels to 80’s action films – from Terminator 3 to Rambo – and, with the exception of Rocky Balboa, I think Indiana Jones is only franchise that deserved another sequel after all these years.

Back tomorrow with my review.

No comments: