Sunday, May 4, 2008

Team Fortress 2 (Gold Rush and Medic Achievements - Part I)


First off, I’d like to apologize for the lack of proper content these last few days. GTA IV, the Gold Rush/Medic Achievements update on Team Fortress 2, and some unfortunate medical woes were all a factor. Even after only a few days, it feels weird doing this.

But enough of that.. Let’s talk some Team Fort.

Gold Rush, the first map to feature the new Payload game mode, stays true to the quality of previous TF2 maps, maintaining that almost perfect blend of strategy and frantic action of previous maps. More than ever, I’m amazed by the quality of TF2’s maps. Making a solid multiplayer map for any game isn't easy, but Valve has all the standard challenges plus balancing each map for the game’s nine unique character classes. With the exception of 2Fort, which I’ve been playing in some form for over ten years, I’m not tired of any of the game’s maps, even after months and months of play. And I’ll take less maps and a longer wait between new maps if they continue to be as good as Gold Rush.


Maybe because it’s a shiny new toy

No comments: