Monday, May 5, 2008

Team Fortress 2 (Gold Rush and Medic Achievements - Part II)

http://www.wordplop.com/2008/05/02/team-fortress-2-gold-rush-review/

...but I think Payload is the best game mode yet for Team Fortress 2. More than the other two modes, it keeps players on both teams focused on one clear objective and forces players to work as a team – and unlike Dustbowl and Gravel Pit, it’s possible for the attackers to lose ground, which makes being on defense a more dynamic, enjoyable experience. And you’re definitely going to need some medics if you plan to win on Gold Rush.

Thanks to the Medic achievements and new weapons, they’re no longer in short supply. Before this update, I’d say the average team I played on didn’t even have a single medic. When I join a team, I pick my character based on what class my team lacks, unless I really, really suck at the class we're lacking, such as the Sniper or Spy. Before the update, I logged most of my time as a Medic out of, for lack of a better term, necessity. I certainly enjoy playing as a Medic, but it can be a terribly frustrating experience. If you’re the only Medic on a team…

No comments: