Thursday, March 26, 2009

Battlestar Galactica (The Original Show and The Wife)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/13286/battlestar-galactica-classic-saga-of-a-star-world-part-1

Hey, sorry it's been awhile. Work, writing, Team Fortress 2, and the sudden - and quite unexpected - reemergence of a social life were all contributing factors. I ain't got much today, but I wanted to tell you a brief but quite awesome story about the wife.

I was doing some zen browsing through Netflix's "watch instantly" service on Tuesday and settled on the original Battlestar Galactica - which I had not seen since the early 80's. It was pretty awesome.

Not the show, though, I'm sad to say. The effects actually hold up pretty well, but the writing does not. It's just good enough that I'm going to give it a few more episodes - if, for nothing else, nostalgia's sake.

Anyway, the wife walked in halfway through the first episode, gave me the sour milk face (nothing new there), and then saw that Jane Seymour was in the original TV movie. This, for some reason, made her angry. Very angry. She decried the very idea that Jane Seymour would "slum it on a show like this" and commenced to berate me about her career choices as if it was my fault.

A good time was had by all.

No comments: