Friday, April 10, 2009

Bioshock 2 (New Trailer)


Yowzer...

As I've said before, I'm not sure Bioshock needs a sequel - but, man, do I want to play this. It looks like you no longer have to switch between plasmids and conventional firearms, which is a welcome improvement. My fingers got confused more than once in the first game while switching between attacks, leading more than once to serious injury and/or death. And I find it hard to believe that using the Big Daddy drill on Rapture's spliced-up vagrants will ever get old for a guy like me.

My only lingering doubt is the story. Bioshock is quite possibly the best single-player game I have ever played, and so much of that has to do with its brilliant, compelling story. No matter how good the gameplay is, I won't consider Bioshock 2 a complete success without a rich story that alternates between wonder and terror with deceptive ease.

No comments: