Monday, April 6, 2009

Knowing



Saw it yesterday. Liked it a good deal more than I expected, though the film loses its way in the final act. I've got a lot I want to say about the film, but I want to wait until more people have a chance to see it.

But there's one thing that really sticks in my craw which I have to get off my chest (SPOILER): So, the aliens or angels or whatever, who have known about the end of the world for at least fifty years, choose to clue in Nicolas Cage, who seems predestined to become both a prophet and savior to the human race, a whole twelve hours before the rest of the entire fucking planet finds out about their impending doom? Personally, if I was some grand all-knowing being, I would have hedged my bets and given Mr. Cage a little more prep time. At least a good week.

No comments: