Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Left 4 Dead (Rock, Paper, Shotgun Interview)


After reading this preview for Left 4 Dead at Rock, Paper, Shotgun, saliva had to be wiped off my well-chiseled chin, for I was literally drooling over this game. It’s not just that I love zombies – and the delightful extermination of said zombies – it’s the cooperative experience that Left 4 Dead promises that truly excites me.

When it comes to multiplayer, I log in more hours in cooperative sessions – even on Rainbow Six: Vegas or Gears of War – than I do in competitive matches, with the exception of Team Fortress 2, but even there I enjoy playing with a solid team more than owning the opposition. From what I’ve read, if you don’t have three solid teammates watching your back in Left 4 Dead, then you are doomed to die and rise again as a flesh-eating monster.

Hot damn, that excites me.

I still have a few lingering questions. Will it make its 2008 release date? Will Valve's network code on the 360 get a substantial upgrade? 'Cause Team Fortress 2 is still a mess on the platform. And, lastly, will there be enough content to keep players coming back for weeks, months, or possibly years?

Can’t wait to find out.

No comments: