Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hot Fuzz

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425112/trivia

I watched Hot Fuzz for the second and third time this week, and I was surprised by how well it stood up on subsequent viewings. In fact, I like it better than Shaun of the Dead, and that’s coming from a guy who loves his zombies.

It’s a movie that demands multiple viewings, and I enjoyed it more the second time. I wonder how well the film will hold up over time, since the Jerry Bruckheimer/Michael Bay style will date itself pretty quickly, but, for me, this movie will probably go on a very short list of movies – along with Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, The Naked Gun!, Ghostbusters, and The Princess Bride – that can make me laugh every time I see it, no matter how many times I pop into the DVD player.

No comments: