Friday, April 4, 2008

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2 (Official Announcement - Part II)

http://www.relic.com/

...but one of my favorite attributes of the average PC strategy game is its modest system requirements. As a gamer on a budget, it’s been a constant struggle over the years to get a solid 30 FPS out of the latest shooters – from Quake 1 to Crysis – without having to make severe compromises in visual quality. But no matter the computer, no matter the game, I have never had a problem running a strategy game until Company of Heroes.

No, don’t get me wrong – I’m not bitching just because my computer can’t run Company of Heroes well. I made several budgetary compromises when buying the parts for my current computer in 2006, and you get what you pay for. But I firmly believe that games like Company of Heroes and Crysis, which gamers have had difficulty running well on hardware that isn’t even a year old, are one of the chief reasons that people – including myself – are turning away from PC gaming.

Let’s face it: as good a game as Starcraft is, part of the reason it’s still incredibly popular today is that it requires the computational power of an abacus and several rubber bands to run flawlessly...

No comments: