All right, I have week one planned for this girl. It's important to mention that we both work at a used bookstore which sells not only books but CDs, DVDs, videogames, etc. She can check this stuff out for free. If not, I will supply her with the necessary books and DVDs. This should not cost her a dime (see comment listed below).
* Read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
I went with this because it's short, funny, and British humor failed to make the rough draft of the syllabus. Also, Douglas Adams successfully ridiculed and embraced his philosophies and passions, which included technology and science fiction.
* Watch the original Star Wars trilogy (all three edits are acceptable, but the original theatrical version is preferred).
It's Star Wars. To some degree, everyone likes the original trilogy. It's a great piece of entertainment with which to ease her into this.
* * * *
Three more questions for the geek test:
11) What do you get if you multiply six by nine?
12) What science fiction character is known for his or her unusually long scarf?
13) Fill in the blank: "Save the _____, save the _______." (*)
(*) Thanks, Tom